Sadly I don't get to experience the joys of this tradtional dish very often because it is usually packed with all the things my hormones don't really love ekkk!
So I figured it was about time I gave this dish a little freshen up and transform into one of the most delicious meals that your hormones AND tastebuds will LOVVVVVVVE!
The sauce is LOADED with vitamins and minerals needed for healthy and happy hormones, PLUS I have also swapped out traditional with a beautiful organic quinoa pasta I found at my local supermarket- but you can use any pasta you like! I would highly recommend trying a lentil, buckwheat or quinoa variety if you want they optimal hormone balancing meal!
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 large white onion, peeled and finely diced
3Am cloves of garlic, peeled and finely diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
250g mushrooms, sliced
3 sticks of celery, finely diced
1 zucchini, finely diced
12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
150g can of green lentils (or dry lentils cooked and soaked)
1 x 400g can of diced tomatoes
500ml vegetable broth/ stock (add as as needed)
1-2 table spoons of coconut sugar
2-3 table spoons of nutritional yeast (extra for a 'cheezy' garnish)
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
Fresh herbs to seasons (I load mine up with parsley)
salt and pepper to taste
500g of your favourite pasta
1. Place the garlic, onions, celery, carrots, mushrooms, zucchini, and salt and pepper in a large pan with the olive oil over a medium heat and cook for 10-15 minutes until soft.
2. Add the halved cherry tomatoes, diced tomatoes, thyme, oregano, stock, coconut sugar, and lentils, adding the veggie stock throughout to ensure it doesn’t dry out (use as much as needed)
3. Once the tomatoes and lentils are mixed through add the nutritional yeast and move to side.
4. Cook the pasta in a separate pot of boiling water until al-dente.
5. Drain pasta and then mix through the bolognese sauce.
6. Add fresh parsley, salt and pepper to taste and top with a little extra nutritional yeast to serve!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Have you heard that gluten-free and dairy-free is a must for PCOS?
I SURE HAVE!
But does everyone with PCOS really need to go gluten-free and dairy-free?
Let’s take a closer look at the reasons behind removing gluten and dairy.
CHEWY CHOC CHIP AND MACADAMIA SUPERFOOD COOKIES
Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and low carb, the ultimate cookie for balanced hormones.